Friday, July 9, 2010

Lesson Learned

I've been trimming Logan's hair for a little while now, but his head was starting to resemble the likes of a bowl so I thought it was time to get him to a professional.



Normally, I would have just called up Jack N' Jills and scheduled an appointment. But this week, I decided to find a spot that was a bit more wallet friendly. After a few different referrals, I decided to head over to a place on the west side of town. I called to make sure that they were experienced in cutting a small child's hair (I explained that he was 17 months old and very fidgety) and they ensured me that it would not be a problem.

We arrived at 10am and they propped him up in a chair with a child's smock so I thought, "Okay, they have a booster and a child's smock - they know what they're doing."

Then the stylist asked Logan to keep still as she started taking small sections of hair and cutting as if she were working on an adult's head. Three snips in, Logan moved. The stylist tried to straighten Logan's little head and I looked at her with a look that said, "Really? You think you're going to get this 17 month old to keep his head straight and still?!" I tried my best to keep Logan still, giving him snacks, toys, and even a lollipop (which he's never had) to keep him happy but again, he's only 17 months old! The stylist then looked at me with a smirk and said, "I can't do this if he moves" to which I responded, "I called and someone told me that this would not be an issue." She continued trying to work while huffing and puffing and Logan's little head was looking worse by the minute. Finally, I asked her to use the clippers because the scissors were giving him a butchered look. After 20 more minutes of absolute frustration (both ways I'm sure), his hair was finally even. Really, really short, but even.



I cried all the way home.

Was it worth saving $20 - nope.

Is Logan still adorable - yes.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh no! Is this the place that was recommended on the message boards?

Jennifer said...

Oh, wait, sorry. I forgot to add the supportive friend part of my comment.

Good thing hair grows back! Besides, Logan is adorable with or without hair! :)

SuzanneC said...

He's still as cute as ever! Besides, I'm an old granny and I like short hair on little boys. He really is such a cutie!

Kate said...

I LOVE IT!! But then, I'm the one who has Jared hack off the boys hair the moment it gets too long...I love, love, LOVE little guys with clean cut hair!! But my MIL cries every time I cut the boys hair....

joyfulgirl said...

oh man, i'm feeling for you right now especially since it's obviously not the look you were expecting. have to say though, he looks super cute with his new doo. he's just adorable no matter what:)