Sunday, May 10, 2009

organic mother's day

For a long while now, I've been thinking how nice it would be have a vegetable garden. I can imagine going out there with my kids, watering and watching the harvest grow and then picking them for our dining pleasure. I also secretly hope that this will encourage my daughter to eat more vegetables.

Well, today, my wonderful husband and daughter built a container garden for me!!!

Here is Ray sanding the edges of the posts that he had cut at 45 degrees to make the container more esthetically appealing


Dylann helping Dad - she is soooo strong!



Here it is, almost done. They are going to build 2 of these. Each one will be 4' x 6'.


And here are some of the vegetables we will be planting



Stay posted - we'll continue this project next weekend. Buying soil, planting the veggies, and getting dirty.

6 comments:

Becky said...

so jealous of your handy husband... Excited to see your new garden!!!

Russ said...

What an awesome project and, once again, Ray does a fabulous job!

dakotasmommy said...

yay Miyo. It is awesome having things growing in your backyard. Happy Mothers Day!

Stasia said...

I love how you said "THEY are going to build another one" ... Dylann must have the construction gene, too!

miyo b. said...

yes stasia - dylann knows more about ray's power tools than i do. so sad.

SFYoung said...

I think I'll have to report you for breaking child labor laws...unless you give those to my sister! Looks like things are going well.